For more successful writing, answer these discovery questions before you begin!
This is based on a heuristic by Colin Cameron
- Who currently uses the system?
- Who is responsible for authorising changes to the system?
- What’s the problem that you’re trying to solve?
- What are the components and functions of the existing system?
- How does the system currently operate?
- What is the system change that you propose?
- What are the likely benefits from the proposed system change?
- What extra equipment is required? How will it be sourced?
- What extra staff or training is involved?
- What other costs are involved if implementing this change?
- What are the risks? What unintended consequences could occur?
- How will the system change be implemented? What problems must be overcome?